Watercraft & Boat Insurance
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Information
When the weather is nice, there’s almost nothing better than hopping onto the boat and treading onto the bright blue, sparkling water. When you’re out on the water and in the sun, it’s easy to get distracted. Accidents can happen both on and off the water, so it’s important to have the right type of coverage.
Tennessee Auto Insurance Agency provides competitive prices for comprehensive boat insurance policies tailored to your needs. We consider your unique boat insurance needs and compare prices and coverage to match you with the best policy for your boat and your wallet.
What Does Boat Insurance Cover?
A typical boat insurance policy includes:
· Comprehensive coverage covers damage to the boat caused by hail, fire, theft, vandalism and more. This can also cover certain equipment permanently fixed to the boat.
· Collision coverage covers damage to the boat due to a collision with another watercraft or object.
· Liability covers bodily injury and property damage the policyholder may cause while operating the boat.
· Guest passenger liability covers damages and injuries a driver may cause while operating the boat with the policyholder’s permission.
· Medical payments cover medical expenses for the driver and their passengers after an accident.
· Towing is available if your boat quits working while out on the water.
Why Do I Need Boat Insurance?
While some boats may be covered by home insurance, this coverage is minimal and limited. Home insurance typically only provides $10,000 worth of coverage for a boat, and this depends on the size and speed of the watercraft. Boat insurance is crucial to keep your watercraft safe both on and off the water. Accidents at sea can be even scarier than on the road, so it’s important you have coverage no matter what happens on the water.
How Much is Boat Insurance a Month?
The average cost of boat insurance in Tennessee is about $21.33 a month ($256 a year). There are many factors that can influence the rate of your boat insurance, however. Common factors used to determine the cost of your boat insurance premiums include:
· Driving record
· Credit score
· Claims history
· Value and speed of the boat
· Coverage limits and deductible
Watercraft modified for speed generally cost more to insure, as do larger, more expensive boats.
Do I Need Separate Policies for My Boat and PWC?
PWCs, or personal watercraft, are generally covered under boat insurance. If you are adding a PWC to a boat insurance policy, make sure to adjust your coverage. You may want to add riders to cover personal items kept on the boat or PWC, as well.
Cover Your Boat Today
Don’t wait to get coverage. Call up an agent at Tennessee Auto Insurance Agency at Call (615)893-6177 today or fill out a quote form to get started.