We Offer Premium Auto Insurance Across Tennessee
Serving Mufreesboro, Smyrna, Nashville, Shelbyville, Lavergne and Beyond
Whether you live in Nashville, Columbia or elsewhere in Tennessee, it’s important to have the right type of car insurance. Car insurance doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated, though. At Tennessee Auto Insurance Agency, we work closely with Tennessee drivers to provide reliable car insurance at competitive prices.
Understanding Tennessee Car Insurance Requirements
Every state has their own laws on auto insurance and Tennessee is no exception. In order to drive legally on Tennessee roads, all drivers must carry at least:
· $25,000 in bodily injury liability per person
· $50,000 in bodily injury liability per accident
· $15,000 in property damage liability
· $25,000 in uninsured motorist bodily injury per person
· $50,000 in uninsured motorist bodily injury per accident
Bodily injury and property damage liability cover medical expenses and repair expensive if the insured driver causes an accident, resulting in injury or damage to someone else. It can also help with legal expenses if the victim decides to sue.
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage covers damages related to an accident involving another driver who is not carrying insurance at the time of the accident. Tennessee is a fault state for car insurance, meaning that the driver rules to be the cause of the accident must pay for the damages. In the case of an uninsured driver, they likely can’t pay for the damages, which is where uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage comes in.
Coverage We Offer
Along with the basic requirements, Tennessee Auto Insurance Agency offers a range of coverages to protect you and your vehicle. Liability insurance on its own won’t protect you. We also recommend that drivers carry:
· Comprehensive coverage covers damages to the vehicle due to fire, hail, wind, falling objects, theft, vandalism and other incidents not involving collision.
· Collision coverage covers damages to the vehicle due to a collision with another vehicle or object.
· Personal injury protection covers medical expenses for the insured driver and their passengers after an accident, no matter who is at fault.
· Roadside assistance provides assistance if the insured vehicle has troubles on the side of the road. This can include tire changes, towing services and more.
Protect Your Vehicle Today
Don’t wait to insure your vehicle. Connect with an agent at Tennessee Auto Insurance Agency by calling
or fill out an today.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much is Car Insurance in Tennessee?
The average cost for car insurance in Tennessee is around $1,315 a year (about $109.58 a month).
How Can You Lower Your Car Insurance?
There are ways to lower your car insurance rates by:
· Asking about discounts (mature driver discounts, good student discounts, etc.)
· Raising your credit score
· Driving defensively
· Insuring a cheaper vehicle
What is the Penalty for Driving Without Insurance in Tennessee?
Driving without insurance can result in varying penalties depending on the circumstances. The lowest penalty in Tennessee is a $25 fine, but in other circumstances, you could even face jailtime for driving without insurance—especially if a wreck is involved.
Can I Get Car Insurance with a Bad Driving Record?
Having a poor driving record won’t keep you from getting car insurance. While a bad driving record can drive up car insurance premiums, Tennessee Auto Insurance Agency can still find you the best rate for your car insurance policy.
If you are looking to get insured today, call us at 615-893-6177 or GET A FREE QUOTE!